BATTLE CREEK, Mich., March 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Heath Calhoun, two-time U.S. Paralympian and member of Team Kellogg's™, took the silver medal today in the the men's sitting super-combined event in Sochi. Calhoun finished with a time of 2:19.09.
"It feels incredible to represent Team USA, the country and Team Kellogg's on the podium at the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games," said Calhoun. "As a dad, I know how important breakfast is for kids to help them reach their full potential, so I'm happy to be doing my part to help children get great starts to their day."
Kellogg's® and Team Kellogg's Team Up for Great Starts Kellogg's believes everyone deserves a great start, and that begins with breakfast. However, one in five kids goes without breakfast every day. 1 By supporting Team Kellogg's and their great starts, you can help provide 2 million breakfasts to kids in need through the "Give a Great Start" program 2.
- Each time a fan tags a Facebook or Twitter post with #greatstarts, Kellogg's will help provide breakfast to a child in need.
- Kellogg's has chronicled the inspirational beginnings of Team Kellogg's athletes in a series of moving "Start Story" videos that follow the athletes' journeys, which can be seen at Kelloggs.com/teamusa . For each view, like or share of the Start Stories, Kellogg's will help provide breakfast to a child in need.
Sometimes a child can spark a new start in life for their parents. That was certainly the case for Calhoun as he found himself heading down a new path after losing his legs above the knee during combat while serving in Iraq. Initially a wheelchair-user, Calhoun had to make a choice between just giving up or being there for his son, who was one year old at the time. Calhoun chose the latter and rediscovered his mobility while attending a winter sports clinic in Aspen when he first attempted skiing. He recalled that his performance may not have been that remarkable, but it made him feel like he was whole again.Watch Calhoun's Start Story video, "Whole Again," available on Kellogg's YouTube page, to learn more about his journey toward the Sochi Games. For more information about Calhoun and the rest of Team Kellogg's, visit Kelloggs.com/teamusa. Suggested Tweets:
- Click to tweet: Congrats @LeglessHeath on the silver medal win! Check out his #GreatStarts kelloggs.com/teamusa #TeamUSA
- Click to tweet: Way to take Silver @LeglessHeath! Let's celebrate and turn #GreatStartsHeath into breakfasts for kids in need #TeamKelloggs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV