By market open, shares had added 7.7% to $3.93.
The social network recorded break-even earnings in the three months to December, while analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast a net loss of 2 cents a share.
Revenue of $13.02 million was slightly higher than consensus of $13 million, and 12.1% higher than the year-ago quarter.Mobile revenue spiked 128% year over year to a record $5.1 million, driven by a significant increase in mobile advertising. Mobile income represented nearly 40% of total fourth-quarter revenue, the highest portion in the company's history. "Our primary goal in 2014 is to drive significantly more mobile daily active users. The team is executing against an ambitious and exciting product pipeline aimed at increasing both viral spread and engagement among our users," said CEO Geoff Cook in a statement. "Over the years, we have grown our audience from zero to over one million daily users primarily on the basis of our repeated success in creating new engaging products and then continually improving them," he added. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates MEETME INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate MEETME INC (MEET) a SELL. This is driven by several weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been an overall disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MEET Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV