NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrances (ULTA) is setting up for solid gains in pre-market trading Friday after posting a better-than-expected fourth quarter after the bell a day earlier.
Before markets opened, shares had added 6.1% to $95.
The beauty supplies retailer reported positive sales growth over the quarter, even as others in the retail space suffered from challenging weather, deeper discounting and consumers' reluctance to spend.
Bolingbrook, Ill.-based Ulta said revenue climbed 14.4% higher year over year to $868.08 million, compared to estimates of $855.64 according to averages compiled by Thomson Reuters.Comparable sales increased 9.2% compared to an 8.6% gain in the year-ago quarter. Net income of $1.09 a share jumped 9% compared to the year-ago quarter and beat estimates by 2 cents a share. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates ULTA SALON COSMETCS & FRAG as a Buy with a ratings score of B. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ULTA SALON COSMETCS & FRAG (ULTA) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ULTA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV