DALLAS, March 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ:TXN) today introduced two flyback power solutions that achieve the highest energy efficiency and lowest standby power consumption for 5- to 100-watt AC/DC power supplies. The UCC28910 700-V flyback switcher and UCC28630 high-power, Green-Mode controller expand TI's leading portfolio of flyback controllers covering the complete power range of AC/DC adapters and power supplies used in personal electronics, printers, white goods and smart meters.
Combining high density with high efficiency, TI's UCC28910 switcher with integrated high-voltage power MOSFET achieves the industry's best stand-by power consumption for 5- to 10-W designs and features the lowest constant-current output tolerance of 5 percent, providing an accurate, maximum current across different input voltages. Additionally, the UCC28630 controller's ability to support primary side regulation (PSR) technology improves reliability in 10- to 100-W power supplies. For samples, visit: www.ti.com/ucc28910-pr or www.ti.com/ucc28630-pr
The UCC28910 will be demonstrated in TI's booth #805 at the Applied Power Electronics Conference and Expo (APEC) in Fort Worth, Texas, March 17-19.
- Highest efficiency: The UCC28910 achieves 80 percent average efficiency in 7.5-W designs and 78 percent efficiency at a 10 percent load. The UCC28630 achieves greater than 88 percent average efficiency in 65-W to 130-W designs, and industry-best 87 percent efficiency at a 10 percent load.
- Lowest stand- by power consumption: Meets and exceeds European Commission (EC) standby regulations, including the IPP 5-star mobile charger rating of less than 30-mW power performance for no-load, stand-by power and the EC Code of Conduct (Tier 1 and 2) for 5- to 10-W designs (UCC28910) and for 30-W designs (UCC28630).
- Improved reliability: Both flyback solutions support primary side regulation and eliminate the need for an optocoupler feedback circuit to increase reliability.
- PMP9045 - 85VAC-265VAC Input for 5V, 7.5W low-cost, small flyback
- PMP9171 – Primary-side regulated flyback for Universal AC Input and 15V, 0.25A output
- PMP9115 – Primary-side regulated flyback for universal AC input and 15V, 0.33A output
- PMP9061 – Primary-side regulated flyback for universal AC input and 16 V, .25A output
- PMP9176 – Ultra-wide input voltage range AC-DC buck converter
- PMP9053 – Universal 3-phase, AC input with 3.3V, 0.5A output (functional isolation)
- PMP8583 – Universal input to 12.2V at 500mA non-isolated quasi-resonant flyback
- Follow #TIdoesAPEC on Twitter to keep up with what TI is doing at APEC, including videos of demonstrations, Power House blogs and not-to-miss technical sessions.
- Check out TI's extensive line of adapter power solutions.
- Read the Power House blog " PowerLab Notes: How to Simplify an AC/DC Adapter Design."
- Visit the TI E2E™ power forum to search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV