Edison International (NYSE:EIX) today announced that its board of directors accepted the resignation of Dr. France Córdova, who resigned in order to accept an appointment by U.S. President Obama to serve as Director of the National Science Foundation.
“We congratulate Dr. Córdova on her confirmation by the U.S. Senate to the position of director of the National Science Foundation,” said Ted Craver, chairman and chief executive officer of Edison International. “Dr. Córdova has served on the Edison International Board of Directors for nearly a decade, bringing to the company her deep experience as a leader of large organizations and her valuable expertise in science and technology matters. We thank Dr. Córdova for her many contributions to Edison International.”
Dr. Córdova joined the Edison International board of directors in 2004 and her resignation is effective immediately.
About Edison InternationalEdison International, through its subsidiaries, is a generator and distributor of electric power and an investor in energy services and technologies, including renewable energy. Headquartered in Rosemead, Calif., Edison International is the parent company of Southern California Edison, one of the nation’s largest electric utilities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV