NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- SeaWorld Entertainment SEAS was falling 0.4% to $31.40 in after-hours trading despite beating analysts' estimates for earnings and revenue.
For the fourth quarter the company posted a loss of 13 cents a share. That's one cent better than analysts' estimates of a loss of 14 cents a share for the quarter. SeaWorld posted revenue of $272 million for the quarter. Analysts expected revenue of $271.4 million in the fourth quarter.
Looking to the full-year 2014 SeaWorld expects revenue of between $1.49 billion and $1.52 billion. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect revenue of $1.53 billion for the year.
"Driven by record fourth quarter total attendance at our SeaWorld-branded parks in Orlando, San Diego, and San Antonio, I am pleased to report our third consecutive year of record revenue and Adjusted EBITDA," Jim Atchison, president and CEO of SeaWorld said in a press release. "We ended the year with Adjusted EBITDA of $439.1 million, at the high end of our previously provided guidance range. We are pleased to deliver on the financial and operating commitments we made in our first year as a public company. Delivering these results in a challenging operating environment is a testament to the strength of our brands, company, management team and, most importantly, our team members."Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. SEAS data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV