By midafternoon, shares had added 11.3% to $6.88.
The women's apparel retailer reported a net loss of a penny a share in the three months to Feb. 1. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected a net loss of 3 cents a share.
However, revenue of $104.9 million was 9.6% lower year over year and missed estimates by $1.22 million.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Same-store sales fell 1.4% after a stellar 18.5% increase in same-store sales in the same period a year earlier. "Despite the negative sales impact from temporary store closings and challenging traffic trends caused by the multiple snow storms and arctic temperatures during the fourth quarter, we met our quarterly financial goals," said CEO LuAnn Via in a statement. "We were very pleased with the strong customer response to our merchandise offering and marketing efforts on days that were not adversely affected by weather." Over its fiscal year, net income of 24 cents a share beat forecasts by 2 cents, while revenue of $435.75 million fell short by $1.23 million. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV