Update (4:20 p.m.): Updated with Thursday market close information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Covisint (COVS) plunged to a one-year low of $7.60 on Thursday after the information technology company guided fourth-quarter revenue below consensus.
Covisint announced its preliminary fourth-quarter results and said it expects revenue in the range of $24 million to $25.5 million, which is short of the consensus estimate of $27.5 million. The company expects subscription revenue between $17 million and $18 million and services revenue between $7 million and $7.5 million.
The company also announced the appointment of Sam Inman as interim CEO."Covisint remains an important growth asset operating in vibrant, dynamic markets; we simply missed on execution in Q4," said Chairman Bob Paul in a statement. "At this important moment, the board has decided to take quick action to improve the company's execution. We're pleased to have someone of Sam's caliber to call on for renewed leadership and focus. He has an extensive technology background-including significant CEO experience-and a proven ability to drive growth. We look forward to working with Sam to drive the next stage of Covisint's growth." The stock closed down 24.9% to $7.78, down $2.58 from its previous close of $10.36. It had a volume of 1,601,398, more than 10 times its average of 158,543. The stock hit a high of $9.90 for the day and holds a one-year high of $14.80. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV