Trade-Ideas: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Is Today's "Barbarian At The Gate" Stock
- WWE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.3 million.
- WWE has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- WWE traded in a range 206.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.08.
- WWE traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 533 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 533 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WWE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WWE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WWE: World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., an integrated media and entertainment company, is engaged in the sports entertainment business worldwide. It operates in four segments: Live and Televised Entertainment, Consumer Products, Digital Media, and WWE Studios. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. WWE has a PE ratio of 745.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates World Wrestling Entertainment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for World Wrestling Entertainment has been 878,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. World Wrestling Entertainment has a market cap of $934.2 million and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.60 and a short float of 15.9% with 2.10 days to cover. Shares are up 78.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates World Wrestling Entertainment as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- WWE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, WWE has a quick ratio of 2.05, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WWE's share price has jumped by 239.40%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The gross profit margin for WORLD WRESTLING ENTMT INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.52%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -6.67% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $11.65 million or 47.24% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full World Wrestling Entertainment Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.