PARSIPPANY, N.J. and PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla., March 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PGA TOUR and Avis Car Rental announced today that Bubba Watson has been voted the February PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis. As the official rental car company of the PGA TOUR, Avis will make a $50,000 contribution to the Bubba Watson Foundation.
The Bubba Watson Foundation was formed in February of 2014 by Watson and his wife Angie to enhance their ability to help those in need. The Foundation's mission is to enhance the every-day lives of people in need with a particular emphasis on helping and inspiring children, young adults, and those associated with the U.S. military.
In a fan decision on PGATOUR.COM, Watson outpolled Kevin Stadler, Jimmy Walker and Jason Day. The four were nominated by a panel of national media for their performances during the month of February."I am honored to have been voted the February PGA TOUR Player of the Month," said Watson. "Thanks to Avis and the generous donation of $50,000 to my family's foundation, we will be able to continue the work we do with many deserving charities." Watson posted three top-10 finishes in February, highlighted by a victory at the Northern Trust Open. He was tied for 40 th entering the third round, but posted rounds of 64-64 on the weekend to earn his fifth career PGA TOUR title. Watson's other top 10s were a tied for second at the Waste Management Phoenix Open and a tie for ninth at the World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play Championship. "This marks the second time that golf fans voted Bubba Watson as the PGA TOUR Player of the Month," said Jeannine Haas, chief marketing officer, North America, Avis Budget Group. "We congratulate him on this achievement and are pleased to donate another $50,000 to the Bubba Watson Foundation on his behalf."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV