WOODSTOCK, ON, March 13, 2014 /CNW/ - Contrans Group Inc. ("Contrans") announced today that it intends to make a normal course issuer bid to purchase, through the facilities of the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX"), certain of its outstanding Class A Subordinate Voting Shares ("Class A Shares"). As at March 10, 2014, there were 32,524,635 Class A Shares issued and outstanding.
The number of Class A Shares to be purchased during the period of the normal course issuer bid (the "Bid") from March 17, 2014 to March 16, 2015 will not exceed 1,711,197 Class A Shares, being approximately 10% of the public float outstanding as of March 10, 2014. Daily purchases will be limited to 8,658 Class A Shares, other than block purchase exceptions. All purchases made pursuant to the NCIB will be made through the facilities of the TSX or alternative Canadian trading platforms. Class A Shares purchased pursuant to the Bid will be cancelled.
The Bid has been authorized by the Board of Directors to allow Contrans to purchase Class A Shares if, in the opinion of its management, the purchases can be made on terms which will enhance the value of its remaining shares.SOURCE Contrans Group Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV