Shares of Netflix were falling 0.3% to $435.31, while shares of DreamWorks were falling 2.5% to $27.80.
The three new series coming to Netflix are King Julien which focuses on the lemur king from the Madagascar movies, Puss In Boots which follows the stories of the legendary cat from the Shrek series, and Veggie Tales in the House which tells faith-based stories with talking fruits and vegetables.
Netflix and DreamWorks signed a first-run agreement last summer, which these series are a part of.The companies also announced the first episodes of the show Turbo FAST will begin streaming on Netflix on April 4. "We could not be having more fun as we create this content for Netflix," Margie Cohn, head of television at DreamWorks Animation said in a press release. "Each show is so diverse and the platform gives us so many opportunities to play with our characters in new and surprising ways. Our goal is to keep the audience always wondering what we'll come up with next..." Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates NETFLIX INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate NETFLIX INC (NFLX) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 507.69% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 146.26% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- NETFLIX INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NETFLIX INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.85 versus $0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.09 versus $1.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income increased by 513.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.90 million to $48.42 million.
- The gross profit margin for NETFLIX INC is currently very high, coming in at 82.25%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.12% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NFLX Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts