According to the USDA 2010 Dietary Guidelines, Americans should consume at least half of all grains as whole grains, and increase wholegrain intake by replacing refined grains, with whole grains. 1 Nine out of 10 Americans currently do not get the recommended servings of whole grain. 3 Recommendations to increase whole grain intake are not limited to the U.S., Mexico, Canada and Australia are among several other countries around the globe that recommend increased whole grain intake.
Eating adequate amounts of whole grain is associated with healthier body weight and, potentially, protection against cardiovascular disease. Today, whole grain can be found in many cereals, granola bars, crackers and pastas. 2
The abstract of the published report can be found online at Advances in Nutrition.
About The Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition The Bell Institute and its staff of doctorate- and master-level scientists and registered dietitians are a valuable resource for General Mills, as well as for health professionals around the country. Their mission is to influence the development of quality products that nourish lives and contribute to healthy living. With backgrounds in nutrition science, public health, clinical nutrition and food science, Bell Institute experts contribute to research on whole grain, micronutrients and breakfast, and publish research and scientific articles in leading peer-reviewed journals.1, 2, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. 7 th ed. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office; 2010. 3 NHANES 2009-10 (Day 1 & 2) Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140313/NY82190LOGO SOURCE The Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV