Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock: Skullcandy (SKUL)
- SKUL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.6 million.
- SKUL has traded 147,620 shares today.
- SKUL is up 3.1% today.
- SKUL was down 9.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SKUL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SKUL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SKUL: Skullcandy Inc. designs, markets, and distributes performance audio and gaming headphones, and other accessory related products under the Skullcandy, Astro Gaming, and 2XL by Skullcandy brands in the United States and internationally. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Skullcandy a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Skullcandy has been 299,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Skullcandy has a market cap of $206.4 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.58 and a short float of 2.8% with 0.25 days to cover. Shares are up 3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Skullcandy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SKUL's share price has jumped by 86.61%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- SKUL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, SKUL has a quick ratio of 2.45, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 28.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 28.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market, SKULLCANDY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $4.68 million or 81.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Skullcandy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.