New Lifetime High For Global Payments (GPN)
- GPN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $47.0 million.
- GPN has traded 4,820 shares today.
- GPN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPN: Global Payments Inc. provides electronic payments transaction processing services worldwide. The company serves as the processing intermediary between the merchant, the credit and debit networks, and the financial institutions that issue cards. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. GPN has a PE ratio of 22.7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Global Payments a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for Global Payments has been 755,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Global Payments has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.12 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.75 days to cover. Shares are up 10.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Global Payments as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 20.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 50.90% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GPN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC has improved earnings per share by 14.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.76 versus $2.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.10 versus $2.76).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 674.25% to $434.87 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 20.77%.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Global Payments Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.