BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- U.S. stocks have been moving straight up for more than a month now, busting through the new highs that the S&P 500 set back in January. But that could be about to change.
The market's "up, up and away" trajectory has stocks hitting their heads on the top of the trading range they've been bouncing in for the last 15 months. That doesn't mean it's time to duck and cover with your stock portfolio. We're still in a "buy the dips" market -- we're just due for another dip.But while the broad market hints at a correction, some names are still screaming "buy" right now. Today, we're taking a closer technical look at five of them. If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>Invest Like a Hedge Fund With the Pros' 5 Top Stocks Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV