DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that an add-on to the award-winning Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR platform is available today, increasing the tuner capacity of the Hopper experience. DISH’s Super Joey™ adds two network tuners to the Hopper’s three native tuners, allowing a household to record up to eight shows simultaneously. This can virtually eliminate channel conflicts for DISH Hopper customers.
“We know TV viewers have searched for years for a solution to alleviate conflict over what to watch, and with Super Joey, customers no longer have to choose one program over another,” said Vivek Khemka, DISH senior vice president of product management. “Combined with Hopper’s 2,000 hours of storage, Super Joey makes it even easier for customers to enjoy more of the shows they love without having to negotiate what’s recorded with other viewers in the house.”
Super Joey was first introduced at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) earlier this year, where it was awarded the CES 2014 “Editors’ Choice” award from Reviewed.com. During the event, DISH also unveiled a troop of other Joey products designed to extend the reach of the Hopper experience, including the Wireless Joey and Virtual Joey.
The combined Hopper and Super Joey tuners gives DISH customers the power to watch and/or record shows from any four channels in addition to the shows on the four major broadcast networks or five shows from any channels of their choice. Super Joey is powered by a 1305 MHz, 3000 DMIPS Broadcom BCM7346 processor, features remote finder functionality, and supports MoCA and Ethernet connectivity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV