SAN JOSE, Calif., March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The First Academy (TFA), a Christian college-preparatory school in Central Florida, selected end-to-end networking solutions from Extreme Networks (Nasdaq: EXTR), a leading provider of high performance network solutions, to help with its goal of earning an Apple Distinguished School (ADS) title and to handle a rapidly expanding mobile environment fueled by the school's one-to-one iPad program and BYOD initiative.
With over 1,200 students from K4 through 12 th grade, cost, reliability, consistency, interoperability and ease-of management were all concerns and at the top-of-the-mind of the IT personnel at TFA. As TFA prepared to double wireless usage among its users, their biggest concern was the ability to securely onboard, prioritize, limit and even restrict network access for devices that were not in compliance with their school policies, especially given the variety of wireless devices in its classrooms and that are now part of its BYOD initiative.
- The Extreme OneFabric Connect is able to connect TFA's mobile management solution, Casper, to the Extreme Mobile IAM solution, allowing TFA to set policies and check devices against its database each time a device seeks access to the network. If the criteria set by TFA are not fulfilled, the device is redirected and cannot gain access to the Wi-Fi network until they have been met. Extreme's networking solution keeps the mobile device connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Extreme's IdentiFi Wireless solution has enabled TFA to provide reliable, secure wireless coverage for 1,200 students across a 100,000 square foot campus. With Extreme's products, TFA is now able to support BYOD and one-on-one initiatives while increasing the control and productivity of their one network manager with a complete solution.
- The OneFabric architecture has brought the entire network into one unified view, reducing network complexity and allowing TFA to simplify its network by making all their networking and computer equipment work together. With less time spent managing the network and problem solving, TFA's IT personnel have seen significant productivity increases.
Executive PerspectivesCorey Radford, Systems Administrator, The First Academy "Prior to the Extreme implementation, we had no way to assess device status and enforce compliance with our policies. Now if a valid profile is not installed, the device cannot use the network and I can finally sleep at night without having to worry about rogue devices threatening the security of our network. I have been working in IT for a long time and have never seen this level of control. Extreme's networking solution is literally so simple that I can just click and deny a device from granting access until it is in full compliance."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV