CARLSBAD, Calif., March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ViaSat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT) and Raytheon Canada Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), are working together to establish a repair and maintenance facility for Link 16 MIDS military communication terminals in Canada. With a growing need for repair and overhaul of the terminals, this new facility, located at Raytheon Canada Limited in Calgary, will provide an in-country resource to perform the work more quickly and at a reduced cost to the customer.
Raytheon Canada Limited Services and Support Division will provide engineering support, materials, services, facilities, data, and management required for the integration, test, and delivery of the product during an interim in-country phase of the program. The repair and maintenance facility will continue to grow to an I-Level facility as MIDS-LVT, Small Tactical Terminals (STT), and JTRS radios become increasingly deployed.
"The new facility improves the ability of the Canadian DND to keep data link assets in operation with shortened repair and upgrade time," said Jay Kaufman, GM of ViaSat Tactical Data Links.
The Link 16 terminals provide greater situational awareness in combat for the Canadian Armed Forces by gathering information into a digital view of the battlefield. The secure, high capacity, jam resistant wireless (non-satellite) system connects users on different platforms with both digital data and digital voice communications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV