AUSTIN, Texas, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RetailMeNot (NASDAQ: SALE), the world's largest digital coupon destination, announced today an update of its free RetailMeNot Coupons app for iPhone and Android users ( www.retailmenot.com/mobile).
Existing users will be prompted to update their RetailMeNot Coupons app to access the new features. New users can download the free RetailMeNot Coupons app by visiting the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
The updated version includes significant consumer-facing enhancements to the experience, including:
- Personalized mobile alerts that will notify users of offers from their favorite stores, within geo-fenced shopping destinations
- Smarter geo-fence notifications that will only be sent to consumers while they are in the vicinity of one of 6,000 shopping locations (malls, shopping centers) for an extended period of time
- Mall-specific pages will first list coupons from users' favorite stores
"Simply put, we made the app better. Our users told us that they wanted our app's popular geo-fence notifications to evolve and show deals that reflected their store preferences, and we listened," said Jag Bath, senior vice president of product, RetailMeNot, Inc.. "Our goal with this release was to make the app an enhanced utility for consumers who are actually in shopping mode and to provide them a more personalized experience when they sorted through offers in RetailMeNot's database."The RetailMeNot Coupons App continues to be a powerful tool for consumers to save money while shopping online and in-store. By the end of 2013, RetailMeNot, Inc. reported that its apps for RetailMeNot.com and its other digital coupon brands were downloaded 14 million times globally. A recent study, commissioned by RetailMeNot and conducted by Forrester Consulting, also showed that retailers who used RetailMeNot's in-store offer platform, powered by its app, saw a significant return on their promotional investment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV