LATHAM, N.Y., March 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Plug Power Inc. (Nasdaq:PLUG), a leader in providing clean, reliable energy solutions, today reported its 2013 fourth quarter and year-end financial results.
Plug Power's growing sales momentum in 2013 continued as the year progressed, with bookings in the fourth quarter of $32 million.
Strong fourth quarter product sales and maintenance orders were received from significant customers such as Walmart, Kroger, BMW and Mercedes-Benz. These orders followed on the heels of an investor update on October 8 th during which CEO Andy Marsh discussed company plans to expand into providing hydrogen to customers and revealed negotiations that were underway for new multi-site deals with several customers preparing to deploy fuel cells in their material handling fleets.Sales orders for the year 2014 already exceed $60 million. The company also has a strong balance sheet, with over $66 million in cash as of today. In January 2014, Plug Power launched its new all-inclusive GenKey solution that provides customers with GenDrive fuel cells, GenFuel hydrogen infrastructure and fuel supply, and GenCare year-round maintenance service. In February, Plug Power announced that Walmart would be the first multiple site GenKey customer, with a contract that is being implemented at six Walmart North America distribution centers over the next two years. "Although a lot has happened since our last call, I am more bullish than ever that Plug Power is moving into a rapid-growth cycle," said Andy Marsh. "We kicked off the first quarter of 2014 by signing a multi-site, multi-year GenKey contract with Walmart that surpassed our Q1 goals. I firmly believe that this continuing momentum will carry on throughout 2014, and that orders for this year will total more than $150 million – almost four times our total for 2013. We also are on track to achieve our goal of EBITDAS break even by Q3 2014."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV