Further strengthening its broad line of hernia repair products, Covidien plc (NYSE: COV) today announced the U.S. launch of Symbotex™ composite mesh, an innovative product designed to make it easier for surgeons to perform surgical laparoscopic and open ventral hernia repairs.
Symbotex™ composite mesh for surgical laparoscopic and open ventral hernia repair is designed to offer patients optimal hernia repair performance. (Photo: Business Wire)
A ventral hernia can develop when the outer layers of the abdominal wall weaken, bulge or tear, with most hernias resulting from strain on the abdominal muscles. Hernias can grow larger over time and cause serious complications if not surgically repaired.
“Through ongoing collaboration with our customers we know there is a need for a mesh that is easy to use and provides optimal repair for patients and we believe Symbotex provides the best of both worlds,” said Rob Claypoole, vice president and general manager, Hernia Care, Covidien. “With the addition of Symbotex, our hernia product line offers surgeons an even broader choice of unique solutions to address diverse patient needs.”
Symbotex composite mesh is dual sided, comprising a macroporous monofilament, hydrophilic textile in a three-dimensional construction that allows for reinforced strength, memory shape and significant tissue ingrowth. A bioabsorbable collagen film on the visceral side minimizes tissue attachments.Symbotex mesh offers surgeons improved ease of use with an orientation marker that facilitates correctly placing the mesh over the hernia defect. Additionally, Symbotex mesh is transparent, offering improvements to the visualization of the anatomy during mesh placement and fixation. Symbotex composite mesh is available in a variety of shapes and sizes for laparoscopic and open ventral hernia repair.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV