Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) today announced the appointment of Ramón Martín to the newly created position of Global Head of Merchant Sales and Solutions. In his role, Mr. Martín will be responsible for leading Visa’s global merchant strategy and integrating key functions to deliver customized products and services designed to help merchants achieve their business goals and advance Visa’s strong merchant and acquiring partnerships worldwide. Mr. Martín will report directly to Ryan McInerney, President, Visa Inc.
“Since Visa’s inception, the company’s success has been dependent on the strength of our client relationships,” said Charlie Scharf, CEO of Visa Inc. “Visa’s future will be defined by our ability to enhance our relationships with merchants with emphasis on delivering products and service that offer greater, tangible value to this critical client partner. Ramón’s 30 plus years of experience makes him ideally suited to transform Visa’s merchant offerings and further position Visa as a strategic partner among our merchant clients.”
Mr. Martín joins Visa from American Express Company, where he spent 16 years in various positions, including his most recent role as President of Merchant Services, Americas. Prior to Amex, Mr. Martín was a Commercial Director at DHL International in Spain and consultant at Alexander Proudfoot in both Spain and the United Kingdom. Mr. Martín completed an Industrial Engineering Degree at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and an MBA at Instituto de Empresa Business School in Madrid, Spain. Mr. Martín also serves as a member of the Board of Directors for the National Retail Federation.
“Visa has an ambitious agenda for engaging merchants in new and innovative ways. I am impressed by the energy and talent of the team and the global focus of the work. I am eager to contribute to the development of merchant solutions and continuing to expand Visa’s payment leadership,” said Mr. Martín.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV