AMSTERDAM, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Professor D.L. Bliwise appointed as Associate Editor to increase multidisciplinary understanding of the causes and treatments of nocturia
The joint editors of European Urology ' s Nocturia Resource Centre, a freely accessible educational platform designed for healthcare professionals specialized in urology, are pleased to announce the appointment of sleep medicine expert, Professor Donald L. Bliwise of Emory University, Atlanta USA, as Associate Editor of this online platform.
Nocturia, which is defined as the episode of waking up during the night to void urine, is a common problem which worsens with age. Sufferers of severe nocturia often wake up more than three times a night. Research suggests that over 60% of people are negatively affected by it. Nocturia is one of the most common causes for disturbed sleep.Until now cases of severe nocturia have mostly been assessed from a urological basis, however there is a need for creating better multidisciplinary understanding of the causes and treatments of nocturia. Professor Bliwise brings 40 years of practice as neurologist with a specialty in sleep medicine and believes that a better understanding of sleep will help urologists gain more insight into the causes of nocturia. "Most urologists recognize that sleep plays an important role in the definition of ICS [International Continence Society] nocturia, but for many, sleep becomes relegated to a single, unified state without much more interest or thought given to it. In fact, sleep researchers have spent years describing, both qualitatively and quantitatively, various aspects of sleep […] Demystifying sleep begins with breaking it down to its various dimensions," explains Professor Bliwise in his introductory Editorial for the Nocturia Resource Centre.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV