GERON INVESTIGATION INITIATED BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates Geron Corporation Following FDA Clinical Hold Of Blood Medicine And Analyst Downgrade
Former Attorney General of Louisiana, Charles C. Foti, Jr., Esq., a partner at the law firm of Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC (“KSF”), announces that KSF has commenced an investigation into Geron Corporation (Nasdaq: GERN).
On March 12, 2014, Geron announced that the Company has received verbal notice from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) that its investigational new drug application for its only experimental drug, imetelstat for blood disorders, has been placed on full clinical hold, affecting its mid-stage trials of imetelstat because of low-grade liver function test abnormalities. The FDA expressed concern about whether these LFT abnormalities are reversible.
On this news, Geron was downgraded by MLV & Co, and the price of its shares plummeted by over 61%.
KSF’s investigation is focusing on whether Geron and/or its officers and directors violated state or federal securities laws.If you have information that would assist KSF in its investigation, or would like to discuss your legal rights, you may, without obligation or cost to you, e-mail or call KSF Managing Partner Lewis Kahn ( email@example.com) or KSF Partner Melinda Nicholson ( firstname.lastname@example.org) toll free at 1-877-515-1850. About Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC KSF, whose partners include the Former Louisiana Attorney General Charles C. Foti, Jr., is a law firm focused on securities class action and shareholder derivative litigation with offices in New York and Louisiana. KSF's lawyers have significant experience litigating complex securities class actions nationwide on behalf of both institutional and individual shareholders. To learn more about KSF, you may visit www.ksfcounsel.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV