Williams-Sonoma (WSM) Falling In After-Hours Activity
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Williams-Sonoma (WSM) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Williams-Sonoma as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WSM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.8 million.
- WSM is down 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WSM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WSM NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on WSM: Williams-Sonoma Inc. operates as a multi-channel specialty retailer of home products. It operates in two segments, Direct-to-Customer and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. WSM has a PE ratio of 60.1. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Williams-Sonoma a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold.The average volume for Williams-Sonoma has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Williams-Sonoma has a market cap of $5.6 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.27 and a short float of 5.7% with 5.33 days to cover. Shares are up 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Williams-Sonoma as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 29.22% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WSM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC has improved earnings per share by 18.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $2.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.83 versus $2.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 16.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $48.90 million to $56.72 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Williams-Sonoma Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV