Third worst: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage
Our original list had the 1955 BMW Isetta in third place, but Huffman said he has a better candidate.
The 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage belongs in Isetta's spot, he said. "It drives terribly, rides terribly and it's noisy. My son is 11 and he hates it too, because it has too little legroom for an 11-year-old. Nobody likes it."
The car, which is made in Thailand, has a tiny, 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine. That assures good fuel mileage, which Mitsubishi quantifies at 44 miles per gallon, but it also means that the car is not powerful.In a January review of the 2014 Mirage for autoblog.com, Steven Ewing reached a conclusion similar to Huffman's. "If there's one thing Mitsubishi could use here in the States, it's good, fresh product to bring people back into its showrooms," Ewing wrote. "The Mirage's attractive price point will likely get the attention of the budget-minded set, but it's still not the best deal you can get. And while the Mirage did briefly hold the title of being America's most fuel-efficient non-hybrid, the 1.0-liter Ford Fiesta now bests it. "It's a shame the Mirage is such a dud," Ewing said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV