Barbarian At The Gate: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM)
- TSM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $227.3 million.
- TSM has traded 10.9 million shares today.
- TSM traded in a range 210% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.54.
- TSM traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 294 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 294 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSM: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited is engaged in manufacturing, selling, packaging, testing, and computer-aided designing integrated circuits and other semiconductor devices. It also manufactures masks. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. TSM has a PE ratio of 18.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing has been 10.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Taiwan Semiconductor has a market cap of $97.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 7.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MFG CO reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MFG CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.21 versus $1.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.40 versus $1.21).
- In its most recent trading session, TSM has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income has decreased by 0.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $1,466.10 million to $1,458.32 million.
- You can view the full Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.