PLANADVISER, a leading retirement industry magazine for financial professionals, has recognized the Principal Financial Group ® with a new “ Adviser’s Choice Award” for ranking number one in defined contribution plan sponsor support.
The award is given to the highest achievers in four distinct categories as chosen by financial professionals in the 2013 PLANADVISER Retirement Plan Adviser Survey. More than 600 financial professionals picked their preferred retirement plan partners and The Principal ® earned the top rating for plan sponsor support.
“Financial professionals play a significant role in helping plan sponsors select and monitor service providers. The Principal is focused on providing the support they need to succeed,” said Tim Minard, senior vice president of distribution at The Principal. “Retirement and including investment management are our core business with financial professionals at the heart of how we deliver our services. This strong vote of confidence is a great compliment and testament to our commitment to financial professionals and their clients.”
The Principal has been in the retirement industry for nearly 75 years and provides services to more than 45,000 retirement plans of all sizes, covering nearly 4.6 million participants 1 .PLANADVISER presented the award March 11 at the annual PLANSPONSOR/ PLANADVISER Awards for Excellence dinner. The prestigious event is held each year to celebrate accomplishments made in the retirement plan industry. “The Advisers Choice Awards are a natural extension of our existing awards program. Advisers’ opinions are a critical component of investment and plan provider service, and we want to make sure these opinions are heard,” said Alison Cooke Mintzer, editor in chief of PLANSPONSOR and PLANADVISER. This is the third year in a row that PLANSPONSOR/ PLANADVISER presented top honors to The Principal.
- In 2013, The Principal was named one of the top 20 institutional leaders of the past 20 years for its “dedication to ensuring that small retirement plans get large plan service.”
- In 2012, PLANSPONSOR presented the Lifetime Achievement Award to Larry Zimpleman, chairman, president and chief executive officer of The Principal for his extraordinary contributions to the retirement plan industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts