Phillips 66 (PSX) Hits New Lifetime High
- PSX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $259.4 million.
- PSX has traded 87,527 shares today.
- PSX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PSX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PSX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PSX: Phillips 66 operates as an energy manufacturing and logistics company. It operates in four segments: Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, Marketing and Specialties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. PSX has a PE ratio of 13.2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Phillips 66 a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Phillips 66 has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Phillips 66 has a market cap of $45.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 1.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Phillips 66 as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 16.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $708.00 million to $826.00 million.
- PHILLIPS 66 has improved earnings per share by 22.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PHILLIPS 66 reported lower earnings of $5.91 versus $6.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.21 versus $5.91).
- The gross profit margin for PHILLIPS 66 is currently extremely low, coming in at 2.91%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.09% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $897.00 million or 31.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, PHILLIPS 66 has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full Phillips 66 Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.