NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Clean Harbors Inc (CLH - Get Report) was downgraded to "outperform" from "top pick," RBC Capital said Wednesday. The firm gave the company a $58 price target, noting the company will likely post little organic growth.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
-------------------------------Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates CLEAN HARBORS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CLEAN HARBORS INC (CLH) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- CLH's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 57.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.95, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.45, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for CLEAN HARBORS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.64%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.04% is above that of the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, CLEAN HARBORS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CLH Ratings Report