Express (EXPR) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- EXPR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.3 million.
- EXPR traded 170,875 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:15 AM, representing 10.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXPR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXPR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXPR: Express, Inc. operates as a specialty apparel and accessory retailer primarily in the United States. Its stores provide apparel and accessories for women and men between 20 and 30 years old across various aspects of the lifestyles comprising work, casual, jeanswear, and going-out occasions. EXPR has a PE ratio of 11.8. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Express a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Express has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Express has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 6.3% with 2.83 days to cover. Shares are down 1.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Express as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 10.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $17.42 million to $19.27 million.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.47, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that EXPR's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.57 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1.11 million or 92.55% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Express Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV