SAN DIEGO, March 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Organovo Holdings, Inc. (NYSE MKT: ONVO) ("Organovo"), a three-dimensional biology company focused on delivering breakthrough 3D bioprinting technology, today celebrated a profile of the company and the 3D bioprinting space as the cover story in the Economist's Technology Quarterly.
Keith Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Organovo, commented that "Organovo is proud to continue to receive insightful coverage in top business and financial news outlets. We appreciate the recognition as a top tier biotechnology company showing leadership in an emerging and important space."
In its coverage, the Economist's Technology Quarterly describes:
- the role of Organovo Scientific Founder Prof. Gabor Forgacs in foundational work in the bioprinting field;
- the potential of Organovo's bioprinted 3D Liver tissues to improve pharmaceutical toxicity testing;
- Organovo's technology advantage in being able to make 100% cellular tissues; and
- Organovo's work in early animal studies to create simple tissues for direct surgical implantation to treat patients; and other details of the company's strategy, technology, and operations.
In putting together their detailed coverage, the Economist's Technology Quarterly had a scientific writer visit the company, receive access to the company's facilities, and review and interview many others in the space. Organovo worked directly with this writer over the course of two months to provide information for the piece.Organovo has continued to receive coverage in important news outlets, such as Fox Business News and Bloomberg News in February 2014, and important customer-facing outlets such as Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News, and Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry in January 2014. We are further pleased to announce that our CEO, Keith Murphy, was recognized as one of 50 fascinating people in technology by Networkworld, which recognizes innovative and inspirational work in technology. Organovo is also pleased to be named a 2014 Award Finalist by the internationally renowned Edison Awards™. The distinguished awards, inspired by Thomas Edison's persistence and inventiveness, recognize innovation, creativity and ingenuity in the global economy. The Edison Awards Steering Committee and more than 3,000 professionals from the fields of product development, design, engineering, science, marketing and education have voted the NovoTissue® Human Liver Model, as a 2014 Edison Award Finalist. We look forward to the announcement of the winners on April 30. As regards certain other information outlets, Organovo continues to caution investors regarding the content of certain reports targeting existing and potential investors in its common stock, especially on certain internet sites. Organovo, like many other innovative technology companies, has been the subject of various articles on certain investor websites or from independent researchers that contain significant factual errors. The content of these reports can be submitted by independent authors, without any specific qualifications, experience or expertise required. In fact, most sites do little or no fact checking, provide little to no editorial oversight, and provide limited or no mechanisms for correction of factual errors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV