NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sequential Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SQBG) ("Sequential" or the "Company"), today announced the appointment of leading brand strategist Jameel Spencer as Chief Marketing Officer reporting directly to CEO Yehuda Shmidman.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=24074
Mr. Spencer will develop and lead all global marketing initiatives for the Company's portfolio of consumer brands which include William Rast®, People's Liberation®, DVS®, Heelys®, Caribbean Joe®, Ellen Tracy®, Revo® and The Franklin Mint®.In addition to his role as CMO, Mr. Spencer will continue to work with longtime clients Shawn Carter Enterprises and Sean "Diddy" Combs under his own agency Brand Matter, a subsidiary of Sequential Brands Group. "We're thrilled that Jameel Spencer has chosen to join Sequential. Jameel is a highly regarded, strategic marketer, and having him on board will significantly help us capitalize on our momentum and ensure the success of our brands," said Yehuda Shmidman, CEO of Sequential Brands Group. For over two decades, Jameel Spencer has been a proven marketer for a variety of global brands and personalities. He served as President of Blue Flame Marketing + Advertising and CMO at Bad Boy Worldwide Entertainment, where he oversaw all of Sean "Diddy" Combs' portfolio of brands as well as corporate clients including Calvin Klein, Anheuser Busch, RJ Reynolds, Perry Ellis and Microsoft. In 2005, he left to join Shawn Carter Enterprises as CMO of Rocawear, where he was responsible for all marketing efforts for the apparel brand, as well as an integral contributor to crafting Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter's personal brand and associations with corporate partners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV