After the bell, shares had taken off 8.3% to $8.75.
The Las Vegas-based business reported revenue of $140.46 million in the three months to December, 3.2% higher than a year earlier. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had anticipated total sales of $144 million.
Quarterly net income came in at 19 cents a share, a penny below expectations.For fiscal 2014, management issued earnings guidance of 82 cents to 87 cents a share. Analysts had forecast 88 cents a share. The company said its current earnings guidance is a combination of assumed growth in kiosk sales and services business, flat to low growth in the domestic gaming industry, and the anticipated impact of less favorable pricing terms associated with several customer contract renewals. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates GLOBAL CASH ACCESS HOLDINGS as a Buy with a ratings score of B. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate GLOBAL CASH ACCESS HOLDINGS (GCA) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GCA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV