Cytori Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CYTX) reports its fourth quarter and year end 2013 business and financial results and provides an outlook for 2014.
Cytori achieved total revenues for the year and fourth quarter ended December 31, 2013 of $12.2 million and $3.5 million, respectively, compared to $14.5 million and $7.3 million, respectively, for the same periods in 2012. Total product and contract revenue for 2013 increased 14% to $10.4 million, compared with $9.1 million in 2012, despite a reduction in product revenues of $1.6 million. Product revenues do not include $3.6 million in shipments to customers in 2013, which are expected to be recognized as revenue in 2014. Non recurring and non cash development revenue decreased to $1.8 million in 2013 compared with $5.4 million in 2012. Total net loss was reduced to $26.2 million in 2013 compared with $32.3 million in 2012. Cytori ended the year with $15.5 million of cash and cash equivalents and $4.2 million in accounts receivable, net. In January 2014, Cytori received an additional $9 million upon completion of the second closing of the previously announced Lorem Vascular stock purchase agreement.
2013 and Year-To-Date Highlights:
- Activated enrollment in all eight ATHENA sites and first ATHENA II site;
- Achieved all three planned contract milestones related to our BARDA contract;
- Achieved FDA Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) approval for a hamstring injury clinical trial;
- Received Intravase® CE Mark approval to enable vascular use in the EU;
- Received marketing approvals for the Celution® System in Australia, Serbia and Singapore;
- Divested non-core Puregraft® product for $5 million upfront and up to $10 million in future royalties;
- Formed a commercialization partnership with Lorem Vascular; and
- Refinanced term loan to extend maturity to 2017.
“We laid important groundwork in 2013 to enable the achievement of multiple potentially impactful milestones in 2014,” said Christopher Calhoun, CEO of Cytori Therapeutics. “We implemented important amendments to the ATHENA trial to optimize efficiency and enrollment, delivered data to BARDA that we believe demonstrates successful achievement of the three required proof-of-concept objectives, grew our product and contract revenue by 14% before factoring an additional $3.6 million of product shipments, raised approximately $29 million through two strategic transactions and successfully restructured our term loan.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV