GROTON, Conn., March 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Navy has awarded Electric Boat a $57.2 million contract to prepare and perform maintenance work on the USS Minnesota (SSN-783), a Virginia-class attack submarine. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Under the terms of the contract, Electric Boat will perform a post-shakedown availability on the Minnesota, which consists of maintenance work, repairs, alternations and testing to ensure the submarine is operating at full technical capacity. The work will take place at the Electric Boat shipyard in Groton and involve up to 600 employees at its peak. The work is scheduled for completion in February 2015.
More information about Electric Boat is available at www.gdeb.com.
More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com.SOURCE General Dynamics Electric Boat
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV