On 3/13/14, Banco Santander SA's 10.5% Non-Cumulative Guaranteed Series 10 Preferred Securities (SAN.PRE) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.6562, payable on 3/31/14. As a percentage of SAN.PRE's recent share price of $26.76, this dividend works out to approximately 2.45%, so look for shares of SAN.PRE to trade 2.45% lower — all else being equal — when SAN.PRE shares open for trading on 3/13/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 9.80%, which compares to an average yield of 5.77% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, SAN.PRE was trading at a 7.16% premium to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of SAN.PRE shares, versus SAN:
Below is a dividend history chart for SAN.PRE, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.6562 on Banco Santander SA's 10.5% Non-Cumulative Guaranteed Series 10 Preferred Securities:
In Tuesday trading, Banco Santander SA's 10.5% Non-Cumulative Guaranteed Series 10 Preferred Securities (SAN.PRE) is currently down about 0.1% on the day, while the common shares (SAN) are down about 1.2%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV