NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Microsoft's highly-anticipated new combat game Titanfall goes on sale in North America on Tuesday. The company hopes the game will help drive sales for its Xbox One video game console that's been facing stiff competition from Sony's PlayStation 4.
Attention gamers -- Microsoft's (MSFT) highly-anticipated new combat game Titanfall is landing in North America.
Titanfall goes on sale Tuesday exclusively for the Xbox One and PCs, with another version for older Xbox 360 models becoming available on March 25.The game is being released by publisher Electronic Arts (EA) and developer Respawn Entertainment, which was founded by two of the co-creators of the popular Call of Duty franchise, and has already generated significant buzz on social media. The $60 sci-fi shooter game stands to help Microsoft's Xbox One in its competition for sales with Sony's (SNE) PlayStation 4, which both went on sale last November. So far, it appears that Xbox One has been losing the console war, as sales data collected by NPD revealed that the PS4 outsold the Xbox One in the U.S. this January. Xbox One is priced at $499 while the PS4 is priced one hundred dollars less. Shares of Microsoft were... at last check. In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet. Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV