By early afternoon, shares had taken off 4% to $15.11.
The China-based real estate services provider reported a 67% year-over-year increase in revenue to $255.4 million over the three months to December. Real estate online services generated $126.3 million, a 126% year-on-year jump.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had anticipated revenue of $223.31 million.Adjusted net income increased 408% to $48.1 million compared to $9.5 million in the year-ago quarter. Per-share earnings of 26 cents came in 4 cents higher than analysts' expectations. Management expects fiscal 2014 revenue 20% to 23% higher to between $880 million and $900 million. Analysts had forecast a 19% increase to $871.3 million. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates E-HOUSE CHINA HOLDINGS -ADR as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate E-HOUSE CHINA HOLDINGS -ADR (EJ) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: EJ Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV