NORWALK, Conn., March 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Metro New York area Dunkin' Donuts and their generous guests raised more than $100,000 during the holiday shopping season as part of their participation in the 10th annual St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign. Funds raised during the campaign help St. Jude Children's Research Hospital ® continue to lead the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other deadly diseases.
Dunkin' Donuts guests supported the campaign by donating money to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital at multiple New York and Connecticut locations. Guests who made a donation were given a paper icon to display in their local Dunkin' Donuts to recognize their generosity. This is the second year Dunkin' Donuts joined more than 60 of America's leading companies and brands to participate in the St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign to support the St. Jude mission of finding cures and saving the lives of children.
Created by Marlo,
Terre and Tony Thomas, the St. Jude
Thanks and Giving® campaign utilizes a multi-media approach to unite celebrities, media and corporate partners during the busy holiday season in support of the lifesaving research and treatment that takes place at St. Jude. It costs
$1.9 million to operate the hospital each day, and unlike other hospitals, more than 75 percent of that funding comes from the public through campaigns such as St. Jude
Thanks and Giving®
"I am so inspired by the way Dunkin' Donuts and their guests have taken the children and families of St. Jude into their hearts," said Marlo Thomas, national outreach director of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. "The money they raise allows St. Jude to continue to find cures and save the lives of children around the world at absolutely no cost to their families. Their passion and unwavering commitment is a blessing to us."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV