NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- UQM Technologies (UQM - Get Report) popped to a one-year high of $3.48 as of 10:43 a.m. on Tuesday as the company, which manufactures electric motors and generators, continued to benefit from its receipt of the ISO/TS 16949 Certification, the highest quality standard in the automotive industry.
"After a rigorous, year-long process, attaining the ISO/TS 16949 registration is a significant achievement and a critical step in our progression in the industry to position UQM as a world-class supplier of electric drive components and systems," said CEO Eric Ridenour in a statement. "With this announcement, we have not only validated the quality of our operation, but also demonstrated our commitment to meeting the demands and expectations of existing and potential customers of all size and volume."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 178.66% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income increased by 98.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$4.56 million to -$0.07 million.
- The gross profit margin for UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.42%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -2.64% trails the industry average.
- UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC reported poor results of -$0.29 versus -$0.14 in the prior year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: UQM Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts