Wells Fargo downgraded the company to "market perform" from "outperform" and noted the business split is already priced into the stock. Piper Jaffray, meanwhile, downgraded the company to "neutral" from "overweight" and set an $87 target price based on valuation.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- FMC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 13.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FMC CORP has improved earnings per share by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FMC CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.31 versus $3.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.50 versus $3.31).
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 27.85% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, FMC CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FMC CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.80%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.39% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FMC Ratings Report