Story updated at 10:05 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Urban Outfitters fell 4.5% to $35.84 in morning trading.
The price target decrease comes after the retailer's first quarter results. Analyst Simeon Siegel also cut estimates for Urban Outfitters citing challenges at the core retail store."For UO, benefits of diversification run their course," Siegel wrote. "For FY14F, we believe the company will see continuing strength out of the two outperformers, whereas we project a -2.5% FY14F comp for UO. Although only a 4bps improvement to LY, we believe the increase in GMs in the current environment is a relative win, driven by better results at Anthro/Free People rather with ongoing pressure at UO. Inventories ended the Q higher on the back of sales misses at UO and inventory to stock new stores. The company called out weather as a major driver of the miss at UO. UO saw a ~$0.04 tax benefit in 4Q. In light of the continuing challenging trends for the UO concept, we are lowering our 1Q14/FY14/FY15 estimates." Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. URBN data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV