Mayer is also making real hires, and here again she seems to be looking for names, hiring Alex Stamos this week as chief information security officer.
Stamos is best-known to reporters as co-organizer and host of TrustyCon, a security conference meant to counter the industry's RSA Conference, which critics thought was getting too cozy with government. In response to the TrustyCon threat to its headlines, RSA brought in Stephen Colbert as a speaker to make jokes at the NSA's expense.
Stamos' job will be to make Yahoo itself more trustworthy. He has his work cut out for him, as my daughter learned last week when her email credentials were hacked and her Yahoo! Mail account suddenly started sending spam to her friends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV