Canal Insurance Company (Canal), a leading commercial trucking insurer, and Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), a provider of software products to Property/Casualty insurers, today announced that Canal has successfully deployed Guidewire BillingCenter ® to manage its billing operations including agency bill.
Canal, an early Guidewire customer that has been in production with Guidewire ClaimCenter since 2004, decided it needed to update its billing platform to better serve its agents and customers. BillingCenter delivered the vast majority of Canal’s functional requirements out-of-the-box, and based on its ClaimCenter experience, the company knew the system would be highly flexible and configurable.
“The functional completeness of BillingCenter, along with our familiarity with its technology platform, contributed to the ease with which we implemented BillingCenter,” said Adrian Brown, chief information officer, Canal Insurance.
Canal has implemented BillingCenter across all of its lines of business and its agent distribution channel and is currently live nationwide.BillingCenter is enabling Canal to:
- Provide a more seamless billing process approach integrated with internal and third party systems;
- Standardize billing practices on a single company-wide system reducing operating costs; and
- Leverage high quality and accurate system data to make informed business decisions.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts