Investor engagement continues at TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD), as the company today announced it has reached a new milestone: monthly average client trades per day eclipsing 500,000 for the first time in its history. Average client trades per day for the month of February 2014 were a record 501,000, up 1 percent from the record 496,000 average trades per day it reported for January 2014.
“We have reached an important milestone at TD Ameritrade: half-a-million average trades per day for the month of February. Investors remain engaged, and their behavior continues to suggest a bullish outlook moving forward,” said Fred Tomczyk, president and chief executive officer. “Investments in our systems, trading tools and education, have helped us respond to our clients’ needs in this market and will remain a focus for us as we seek to sustain engagement and continue growing our market share.”
Monthly activities for February 2014 included:
- An average of 501,000 client trades per day in February 2014, up 30 percent from February 2013 and up 1 percent from January 2014.
- $611.6 billion in total client assets as of Feb. 28, 2014, up 22 percent from February 2013 and up 4 percent from January 2014.
- Average spread-based balances of $91.7 billion, up 12 percent from February 2013 and flat from January 2014. (1)
- Average fee-based balances of $132.4 billion, up 19 percent from February 2013 and essentially flat from January 2014. (1)
A document detailing historical trends for this monthly activity can be found in the “ Investor relations” section of the company’s corporate web site, www.amtd.com. Simply click on “ Financials & reports” and select the “Operating metrics” tab.Interested parties can visit or subscribe to newsfeeds at www.amtd.com for the most up-to-date corporate financial information, presentation announcements, transcripts and archives. The company also communicates this information via Twitter, @TDAmeritradePR. Web site links, corporate titles and telephone numbers provided in this release, although correct when published, may change in the future. About TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation Millions of investors and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) have turned to TD Ameritrade’s (NYSE: AMTD) technology, people and education to help make investing and trading easier to understand and do. Online or over the phone. In a branch or with an independent RIA. First-timer or sophisticated trader. Our clients want to take control, and we help them decide how - bringing Wall Street to Main Street for more than 38 years. An official sponsor of the 2014 and 2016 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams, TD Ameritrade has time and again been recognized as a leader in investment services. Please visit TD Ameritrade's newsroom or www.amtd.com for more information. Brokerage services provided by TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA ( www.FINRA.org) /SIPC ( www.SIPC.org) /NFA ( www.nfa.futures.org) (1)Spread-based assets are client and brokerage-related assets, including client margin balances, segregated cash, the TD Ameritrade FDIC Insured Deposit Account (IDA) balances, deposits paid on securities borrowing and other cash and interest earning investment balances. Fee-based balances are client assets invested in money market funds, other mutual funds and Company programs such as Amerivest and AdvisorDirect. IDA balances are held at TD Bank, N.A. and TD Bank USA, N.A., affiliates of TD Ameritrade. Amerivest is an investment advisory service of Amerivest Investment Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. AdvisorDirect connects a prospective client with an independent financial advisor. TD Ameritrade, Inc., TD Ameritrade Clearing, Inc. and Amerivest Investment Management, LLC are subsidiaries of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV