SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- OFC 2014 - Altera Corporation (Nasdaq: ALTR) today announced two new SoftSilicon® FPGA platforms that provide optical equipment manufacturers with standards-based OTN solutions beyond 100 Gigabit/s (B100G). The platforms feature an FPGA in combination with a fully integrated IP solution that reduces design time, integration processes and test phases, allowing customers to focus more on value-add technology differentiation. The new products are the Altera SoftSilicon 400G Transponder/Muxponder (TPO516) and the Altera SoftSilicon single-chip 20-channel any-rate mapper with segmentation and reassembly (SAR) (TPOC226), which can be applied in advanced ODU cross-connect systems for OTN-based transport networks. The products, which are the industry's first fully-integrated 200G and 400G OTN solutions, will enable equipment manufacturers to streamline their development efforts as they move towards high-capacity transport.
OFC attendees can visit the Altera booth (# 4453) for more information about market-leading OTN solutions that can help them achieve 400G and 1Tb throughput in a single device and migrate from 28 nm to 20 nm and 14 nm technologies.
With these new products, optimized for Arria 10 and Stratix 10 FPGAs and SoCs, Altera will offer a full portfolio capable of meeting the complex technical requirements of 400G and 1Tb OTN applications. These new and future offerings will be delivered on the advanced Intel 14 nm Tri-Gate process, optimizing time-to-market with leading edge solutions, while maintaining a low-risk and cost-effective profile.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV