USMD Holdings, Inc. ( NASDAQ: USMD), a physician-led integrated healthcare system, announced today that all 26 of its primary care clinics have received reaccreditation for an additional three-year term from the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Program, a recognition program that is part of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This prestigious recognition means that these 26 clinics successfully display and utilize evidence-based, patient-centered processes that focus on highly coordinated patient care and long-term patient relationships.
The patient-centered medical home is a model of patient care that emphasizes coordination and communication in an effort to transform primary care into the best experience possible for patients. The PCMH Program identifies practices that promote partnerships between patients and their physicians; instead of treating patients with several episodic office visits, each patient’s care is managed by a physician-led team that provides all healthcare needs and coordinates treatment across a healthcare system.
“Research has proven that medical homes can lead to higher quality care and lower overall costs while improving patients’ and providers’ satisfaction and experiences,” said John House, M.D., chairman and chief executive officer of USMD Holdings. “Receiving reaccreditation from the PCMH Program is a huge accomplishment for USMD. We’re proud of our clinics and our employees for continually working to ensure that our patients receive the best, most compassionate and most effective care possible.”
To receive recognition, which is valid for a three-year term, clinics must successfully demonstrate the ability to meet the Program’s key elements and characteristics, including:
- Written standards for patient access to care and continuity of care
- Use of patient feedback materials
- Appropriate use of charting tools to track patients and organize clinical information
- Adaptation to patients’ cultural and linguistic needs
- Use of evidence-based guidelines to treat chronic conditions
- Responsive care management techniques with an emphasis on preventive care for patients
- Measurement and reporting of clinical and service performance
- The use of technology for prescriptions, tests, referral tracking and coordination with other healthcare providers
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts