- Creates preeminent Michigan-based retail banking franchise, building upon stated mission as "The Community Bank for Michigan"
- Enhances delivery network with 25 additional locations across 11 northwestern Michigan counties
- Adds approximately $758 million in deposits, $502 million in loans, $1 billion in assets to wealth management portfolio, and a $1.3 billion mortgage servicing portfolio
- Results in anticipated double-digit accretion to EPS in first full year
MIDLAND, Mich. and TRAVERSE CITY, Mich., March 11, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The boards of directors of Chemical Financial Corporation (Nasdaq:CHFC), the holding company for Chemical Bank, and Northwestern Bancorp, Inc., the holding company for Northwestern Bank, today announced the execution of a definitive agreement for Chemical Financial Corporation ("Chemical") to partner with Northwestern Bancorp, Inc. ("Northwestern") in an all cash transaction valued at $120 million.
Chemical anticipates the transaction, with cost saves fully phased in, to be immediately accretive to earnings per share of approximately 16 percent. Chemical expects net cost savings from post-closing synergies to reach an annual run rate of approximately $11 million, and they are expected to be fully achieved within 2 quarters after the closing. Chemical estimates pre-tax acquisition-related and integration costs of approximately $13 million dollars, which are anticipated to be incurred within 6 months of the closing date.
"We are delighted to welcome Northwestern Bank and its talented team of Michigan bankers to the Chemical Financial family. We view their organization as the premier northwestern Michigan community banking franchise, and believe the combination of these two community-driven, Michigan-focused institutions will provide a compelling choice for the state's residents and businesses," said David B. Ramaker, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of Chemical Financial Corporation. "The organizations share a foundational approach to community banking -- encompassing experienced local management, capital strength and an underlying commitment to employees, customers and Michigan communities -- that will enable us to flourish as we grow."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV